The majority of the park is open throughout the year which consists of all the 18 buffer zones. However, with regards to the 3 core zones, they open during the standard operational period from 1st October to 30th June every year. The highlight of the park is that the Buffer zones have better sighting chances as compared to the core zones.
The standard safari timing is of 4 hours each. The safari throughout the day is conducted in 4 different time slots, as below:
- Morning Safari: The timings may range from 5:30 am to 10:30 am depending on the sunrise timing.
- Evening Safari: The timings may range from 2:30 pm to 7:00 pm depending on the sunset timing.
- Night Safari: The night safari takes place only in the buffer zone. The entry time is 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- Entry Time: 20 minutes before sunrise.
- Exit Time: 20 minutes after sunset.
Tadoba's winters stretch from November to February where day temperature ranges between 25° to 30°C and the park is at its best in terms of vegetation. Summers are scorching hot in Tadoba as the temperature shots up to 47°C; however, it is the ideal time to sight mammals near water lakes as the vegetation is drys up which increases the visibility of the naked eye. The monsoon breaks in June with heavy rainfall of approx.1275 mm. and humidity is around 66%.