Ranthambore National Park is one of the prime destinations for wildlife sightings in India. Thriving in proximity to the major cities of Rajasthan, Ranthambore is a paradise for travellers. Unquestionably, the royal structures, colours, food, landscapes, and local people make this region a popular tourist attraction in Rajasthan. If you are someone who loves wildlife tours, Safari in Ranthambore is a must-try activity. The park is majorly famous for its tiger safari in India and was an important part of Project Tiger in India. One can spot various species of animals such as Indian wild dogs, swamp deer, leopards, jungle cats and more. Ranthambore National Park also boasts over 3330 bird species which makes it ideal for birders.
Ranthambore National Park is located in the border district of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, Sawai Madhopur, and is full of adventures, flora, fauna, sightseeing, and hotels. Ranthambore Safari bookings open from October to April, which is the best time to visit. You might be able to spot tigers abundantly and other wildlife creatures easily, while on Ranthambore Safari.
It was established in 1955 as a game sanctuary at Sawai Madhopur but later it was changed into Project Tiger reserves in 1973 and became a National Park on 1 November 1980. Although Ranthambore National Park is famous for its wildlife, there are other things to do in Ranthambore, such as little hikes, camping, safari lodges, ecological park, and tranquillity at its best.
Famous National Parks in Rajasthan: Sariska Tiger Reserve, Alwar, Desert National Park, Keoladeo National Park
- Ranthambore Fort: A Place that takes you to the period of the Rajputana dynasty, when the palace would have been a majestic place to stay for kings.
- Trinetra Ganesh Temple: This Lord Ganesh temple is unique in the entire world because it houses the idols of Lord Ganesh's entire family together and also Lord Ganesh has three eyes here.
- Chambal River Safari: Marking the boundary of Ranthambore National Park from the Madhya Pradesh Border is the Chambal River. Boat safari through Chambal is what people look forward to every year.
- Dastkar - A Society for Crafts People and Crafts: It is a place where you can find the artistic revival of local crafts which has also helped innumerable native women in basic survival. Their crafts and designs are world-class and often get exported to western countries.
- Rare Species of Wild Animals: Indian Civet cat, Hyena, Indian Gazelle, and Black Buck are some really rare wildlife animal species that can be spotted at Ranthambore Park.
What We Offer
We have been in the safari business for quite some time now and we have come so far, by being sure to give our customers that authentic experience and close counters with wildlife of national Parks. We have a lot to offer you if you are thinking to visit any National Park very soon. Though, for Ranthambore National Park, we have made a list of things that we offer.
1. Itinerary: We will provide you with a complete itinerary whilst planning a journey for you at Ranthambore. This will help you navigate the experience at Park.
2. Types of Safaris: We offer you 3 types of Safari, you can choose from-
• Jeep Safari
• Canter Safari
• Boat Safari
3. Tickets: Once we have assumed the responsibility of your gladly visiting the park, we take care of all the tickets and passes.
4. Accommodation and lodging: Going on a safari is not a one-day tour, it takes 2 to 3 days for any person to see what nature has to offer. Therefore, find your safari has exclusive tie-ups to the best lodges and hotels in Ranthambore that will make your stays unforgettable.
Find My Luxury Stay
• Fateh’s Retreat: Located on the westernmost part of the forest is the beautiful and blissful Fateh’s Retreat. It is a farmhouse of a renowned personality, often known as the “Tiger Man of India”.
Details- The property is surrounded by large trees and wild bushes which immediately attracts the people for peace and hypnosis of nature. It has 5 ample size bedrooms, which can accommodate 3 people in one. You will find a gorgeous infinity pool at the property which makes it even more attractive.
And obviously, you can expect lavish food, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Also, being surrounded by forest, you may have a friendly visit from wild animals like tigers, hyenas, leopards, and many more.
• Khem villas: This property is itself a milestone in creating excellent hospitality and introducing natural elements to the visitors. Situated in the Sherpur part of Ranthambore, Khem villas offer us the perfect view of the Aravalli range with a canopy of endless forests keeping up with the tranquillity and peace of the jungle. Khem villas accommodate 2 villas, 8 cottages, 7 tents, and 4 rooms, which are spread across 25 acres of land. The owners of the property are engaged in social work for native tribes and women. The food here is marvellous and finger-licking.
Other luxury resort options in Ranthambore National Park include Aman i Khas Ranthambore, tigress Ranthambore, Ananta Ranthambore, and Ranthambore Heritage Haveli, Oberoi Ranthambore, Raj palace resort Ranthambore, Vanyavilas Ranthambore, Dev Vilas Ranthambore, Tiger moon resort Ranthambore, Sher Bagh Ranthambore, Sawai Vilas Ranthambore and more.
1. Meals: We will be providing you with complete breakfast, lunch, and dinner to your liking. Which will keep you energised and fulfilled throughout the safari.
2. Nature Walk: We will be assisting you and your family on a nature walk for exploring the national park and the wilderness on foot.
3. Daily high tea and Cool Drinks: Roaming and visiting Ranthambore national park can be exhausting, so to keep your spirits high and rejuvenated, we provide you with high tea and cool drinks like beers and soft drinks.
4. Attractions: We cover all the nearby attractions and sightseeing with a happy face.
Ranthambore is the lifeline of tourism in Rajasthan and it receives loads of tourism around the year. You would love to visit the park with us because we know how to take care of you.
For bookings, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 6377716255
Types of Safaries
Big 5 Animals
Places to Visit
Trinetra Ganesh Temple
It is the only temple in the entire world which houses the entire family of Lord Ganesha while his statue consists of three eyes.
Chambal River Safari
If you are in Ranthambore and looking for some different unforgettable experiences with the jungle safari, then there is nothing better than the Chambal River Safari in the Pilighat.
Dastkar: A society for crafts and crafts people
In one of its earliest and best-known achievements, 20 years ago Dastkar was asked to develop a rural income-generation program in the villages around the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, with a special focus on women.
Park ticket bookings should be done 120 days in advance since the park tickets are limited.
It is mandatory to carry ID cards for safaris. The ID needs to be the same as the one with which you booked your safari.
Carry binoculars, a camera, and a bird book to identify birds to make your trip more fruitful.
Wear comfortable walking shoes. Do check your shoes every time before wearing them to avoid scorpions and other creatures.
Carry proper woollens in winters and an effective sunscreen in summers.
Carry Hats/Caps and personal medicines (if any).
Wear muted forest colours like earthy greens or beiges and avoid perfumes and deodorants.
Morning & Afternoon both the shift remains close on Holi & Diwali festival.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ranthambore National Park is one of the popular tourist destinations of Rajasthan and remains open from October to June. During the summer season(April to June), the temperature here rises up to 40 degrees celsius but this is the best season to spot tigers as well as other animals. The park remains closed between July and September due to the monsoon season.
So, the best time to visit the park is from October to March where animals can be sighted relaxing under the sun due to the pleasant weather conditions.
This popular wildlife attraction has good connectivity to the major cities across India via rail, road, and air.
By Air: The nearest airport is Jaipur International airport, Jaipur
By Rail: The nearest railway station is Sawai Madhopur railway station
By Road: The park is well connected with major cities and towns through state bus service and can also be reached via private vehicle.
Jeep safari: It is one of the popular things to do at Ranthambore. Apart from wildlife sightings, the park is filled with natural beauty. From hills to lakes, the place is full of picturesque spots which are ideal for photography.
Hiking: If you are an adventure lover, hiking the trail to the Ranthambore Fort is the perfect activity for you. Ranthambore Fort is located inside the Ranthambore National park and is famous for its architecture.
Birdwatching: The park is famous for its avian population inclusive of various migratory birds. The habitat is a rich source for their nourishment. If you are a bird lover, Ranthambore will never disappoint you. Some famous birds to spot are the Nightjars, Indian courser, Woodpeckers, Painted Spurfowl, Indian Gray Hornbills, Indian skimmer, quails, larks, pipits, Ibis, prints and Finches etc.
Village Women craft: It is a place located in the RIICO Industrial Area of Sawai Madhopur, from where you can buy local handicrafts as well as arts created by the women in Ranthambore. Things are made from natural dyes and are sustainable in nature.