Rules & Guidelines
- The roads that run through Nagarhole National Park are open daily from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m., year-round.
- Approach an animal too closely - respect their privacy (around 20 m away).
- During the monsoon season (July through October) safaris may not operate due to muddy, impassable roads, and wildlife sightings are minimal.
- Drive fast, nor off the designated road/ trail.
- Make sudden movements.
- Leave any litter in the park even if a basket is provided there. Take out the trash with you.
- Enter the park if under the influence of alcohol.
- Take babies, small children or pets.
- Play music or make noises to get a reaction from an animal.
- Use cell phones in the parks.
- Leave a spot if a large crowd is gathering and you have been there a while.
- Keep quiet. If you must speak, do so softly.
- Learn about park rules and abide by them e.g. Don’t get out of the vehicle except at designated places, don’t smoke.
- Interact with local guides; they can enhance your jungle experience.
- Listen to the noises of the jungle – give all your senses a treat.
- Do look beyond the megafauna – some of the smallest creatures can be the most fascinating.
- Carry binoculars and cameras.
*Information Last Modified On: 24-Jul-2021