Tourism in national parks has proliferated over the last decade and hoards of visitors and tourists are flooding the national parks of India such is the case with Bandhavgarh National Park. Located in the heart of India, Madhya Pradesh, Bandhavgarh Park, the best national park in Madhya Pradesh, has continued to surprise people with its hilly wildlife and frequent sightings of rare species.
Bandhavgarh National Park has the largest breeding population of leopards and Deer. The park is majorly divided into three important zones, Bamera, Tala, and Magdi. Bandhavgarh is full of mixed vegetation, tall grasslands, and thick sal forests.
This place receives an annual rainfall of 1200mm and the temperature difference varies from 42 degrees to even 2 degrees. The best time to visit this peaceful park is from February to June. Amidst the safari rides and all the tiger spotting, you will also find yourself immersed in the beautiful landscape of the Vindhyachal mountain range. Bandhavgarh is named after the fort situated in the Umariya region of Bandhavgarh National Park, which is simply amazing but in ruins. There is another reason to visit Bandhavgarh, the best national park in Madhya Pradesh, is the hot air balloon safari. It is the first national park in India to introduce a hot air balloon safari in India.
Bandhavgarh is spread over more than 100 sq. km, which accommodates several other small National parks nearby including Kanha National Park and Panna National Park.
1. Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves: The caves at Bandhavgarh are very old and date back to the 1020 century. These caves are interesting to visit and explore unknown parts of the park.
2. Shesh Shaiya: The statue of Lord Vishnu reclining on the seven hooded serpents Sheshnag-The king of serpents-is a classic example of the unique monuments of Bandhavgarh.
3. Climber’s Point: During the safari, you may find a spot called Climber’s point, where the formation of trees is such that you can climb up them for a nice and memorable photograph.
4. Baghel Museum: The museum is dedicated to the tigers which justify the name Bagh-el. Wildlife lovers can relate to the history of this museum and the articles stored in the museum with loads of information.
5. Skywaltz Balloon Safari: The balloon safari is a unique attracting point for Bandhavgarh National park as it is not very common in other national parks. The hot air balloon gives you a chivalric ride over the clouds and gives you a birds-eye to view the entire forest.
What We Offer
We have been in the safari business for quite some time now and we have come so far, by being sure to give our customers that authentic experience and close counters with wildlife of national Parks. We have a lot to offer you if you are thinking to visit any National Park very soon. Though, for Bandhavgarh National Park, we have made a list of things that we offer.
1. Itinerary: We will provide you with a complete itinerary whilst planning a journey for you at Bandhavgarh. This will help you navigate the experience at Park.
2. Types of Safaris: We offer you 3 types of Safari, which you can choose from-
• Jeep Safari
• Canter Safari
• Boat Safari
• Nature Walk
• Elephant Safari
• Camping Safari
• Cycling Safari
1. Tickets: Once we have assumed the responsibility of your gladly visiting the park, we take care of all the tickets and passes.
2. Accommodation and lodging: Going on a safari is not a one-day tour, it takes 2 to 3 days for any person to see what nature has to offer. Therefore, find your safari has exclusive tie-ups to the best lodges and hotels in Bandhavgarh that will make your stays unforgettable. The list of the properties is as follows:
• King’s Lodge: Located in the Rancha Village, this property is a 10-minute drive from the Tala gate of Bandhavgarh National Park. The property is spread across 14 hectares of land, which accommodates the dense woodlands and calm wilderness. Over the years, the owners of the property have made sure not to harm the forest or the animals in any way and have always supported the natives.
King’s lodge holds 10 cottage rooms and 8 stilt cottage rooms with en-suite modern bathrooms for best comfort. The property is located at the safe distance from all the gates of Bandhavgarh Park so you can access the park from any side. The property is a complete luxury experience to stay at and have the best time of your life.
• Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge: A place where wildlife lovers come to experience the true spirit of the wilderness. This property was built by the Sankhla family, the continued legacy of Mr Kailash Sankhla.
The property has 18 rooms, overlooking gorgeous landscapes and dense canopies of sal forests. Every room has got a classic and rustic interior that takes you back in time. The place is completely eco-conscious and is commonly known among regular wildlife travellers. Also, you can access various activities here at the property like village safari, nature walks, culinary classes, campfires, and barbeques.
1. Meals: We will be providing you with complete breakfast, lunch, and dinner to your liking. Which will keep you energized and fulfilled throughout the safari.
2. Nature Walk: We will be assisting you and your family on a nature walk for exploring the national park and the wilderness on foot.
3. Daily high tea and Cool Drinks: Roaming and visiting Bandhavgarh national park can be exhausting, so to keep your spirits high and rejuvenated, we provide you with high tea and cool drinks like beers and soft drinks.
4. Attractions: We cover all the nearby attractions and sightseeing with a happy face.
Types of Safaries
Hot Air Balloon Safari
Big 5 Animals
Park ticket bookings should be done 120 days in advance since the park tickets are limited.
It is mandatory to carry ID cards for safaris. The ID needs to be the same as the one with which you booked your safari.
Carry binoculars, a camera, and a bird book for identifying birds and making your trip more fruitful.
Wear comfortable walking shoes. Do check your shoes every time before wearing them to avoid scorpions and other creatures.
Carry proper woollens in winters and an effective sunscreen in summers.
Carry Hats/ Caps and personal medicines (if any).
Wear muted forest colours like earthy greens or beiges and avoid perfumes and deodorants.
The afternoon shift of Jeep Safari remains close for visitors every Wednesday.
Both the morning and afternoon shift remains closed on Holi and Diwali festival.
Frequently Asked Questions
The park is open for tourists from October till June. During the summers, the heat is unbeatable which makes it less popular amongst the tourists but winters are pleasant which is why most of the tourists visit the park during this season.
In the monsoon season, the park remains closed. The months of March to May makes the best time to spot tigers and other wild animals at Bandhavgarh whereas the best time to visit the park is from November to March when the temperature is not at any extremes and is also favourable for wildlife sightings.
Bandhavgarh National Park is connected to the major cities across India via air, rail, and road.
Nearby Airport: Khajuraho Airport
Nearby Railway Station: Umaria and Katani Railway Station
Road: Since the park is well connected to other cities, one can easily get a bus or even a taxi to reach the park from major nearby places like Khajurao, Umaria, Jabalpur, and Katni.
Cycling: One can explore the beautiful jungles and peaceful villages around the park while pedalling.
Village visits: For an intimate experience, a walk to the villages around the park is a must. The culture, traditions, indigenous tribes, and simplicity is nowhere to be found. Interactions with the locals will give an altogether different exposure to what one is missing out on.
Dance to the local Baiga Music: The Baigas are the tribal community of central India and the real caretakers of nature. These people are knowledgeable and are aware of the medicinal and healing properties of various plants present in central India. You can interact with them and enjoy their local dance form.